Thursday, September 27, 2012

First Time Training Arm Wrestling


September 26, 2012
After Supper

Well I figured I'd give a quick blurb on my first time at an arm-wresting table. It was awesome! So far it looks like I'll be driving over to Fraser's every Wednesday to keep the learning going. He's a really decent guy and built like you'd expect a AW national champ. For you fellow griptards out there, remember that picture of Kinney's hand? Fraser's is about twice as big and thick.

After introductions and showing me around the table we went through some warm-ups then he began by showing me how to do basic hooking and some top-roll defense. Sweated my guts out! I've got a lot to learn plus there are whole new muscle memory movements that have to be adapted to and mastered. This is one of the great things about this though, learning how to express strength.

Later we BS'd a bit about training and exercises which I won't be sharing out of respect for Fraser.

One of the things that surprised me (and I'm grateful for) is I'm not feeling beat to hell today. I think this is due to a number of things including; Fraser being a very experienced puller and knowing how to effectively coach, my years of strength feats and specifically reverse bending, the last 6 weeks of doing the high rep Rolling Thunder workouts, good recovery nutrition and lastly popping some ibuprofen an hour before :D

1 comment: