Thursday, November 29, 2012

Rack Pulls

November 29
Noon

Today was good. Back was still pretty fatigued from Monday and the pulls from the floor felt slow. As soon as I went to the rack I threw on my straps and belt. I figured screw it, they could use a bit of a break from Mondays work and last nights arm wrestling. 

I'm pretty happy with the pulls. Last time I did rack pulls above the knee cap was at the beginning of August and my best set was 695 x 2.5 so today was a substantial jump in the right direction. Another thing I was thinking of was the whole effectiveness of pulling this high and for some people to get nothing or very little out of them. They're a great overall stressor to the body to just get used to having that much weight hanging off of your arms but I also think that they have better carryover for someone like me just because of my body type. Long torso. When I pull the bar is up and over my nads (painful) whereas a lot of the people built for pulls have long arms, short torsos or both so the ROM is even shorter for them whereas I still get a half decent stroke out of the movement. Just a thought anyways. 

I had to cut the assistance short as I had commitments that I had to attend to. Anyways, got the core work done and hard. 

1) Deadlift
135 x 5
225 x 2
315 x 1
405 x 1
475 x 1

2) Above Knee Rack Pulls - Pin 15 - Belt & Wraps
495 x 3
545 x 3
585 x 3
635 x 3
675 x 1
725 x 4
585 x 10

3a) Squat
45 x 5
135 x 3

3b) DB Bench w/Manus
40e x 20

3c) WG Pulldowns
125 x 20


No comments:

Post a Comment