Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gripper Test, Powerball & Pain

Well I had a good long weekend with the wedding and all. I ended up receiving my parcel from Jon with a bunch of different sized 0-1 drillrod and 1/4" square CRS amongst a ton of other stuff.

I reverse bent a few chunks of the 17/64 x 7" drillrod fairly easily but fought with a 7" length of the square for quite a bit. I can't get it past about 15' or so. Tough stuff (for me anyways lol).

Anyways all of the reversing I did tweaked my elbows bad again. They're not feeling to bad now but I think they could be aggravated easy enough.

One of the gifts we received was a Powerball-Signature Series. That's a fun little bugger. I got it up around 11,000 rpm so far with my right, the left lags dramatically.

Anyways, between putsing around with that I tested grippers and my elbows screamed immediately.

I was a hairs breadth off of my easy elite with my right and my easier GM with the left. My hands and arms were killing me after my first attempts and I know they didn't have the right gusto as the 2nd and 3rd attempts were better.

I know damn well my grip has strengthened due to Aarons program as I tested on a whim a couple of weeks ago.

One thing I'd do is add some choker work to work on more snap and top-end strength.

Now with everything behind me I can get back on track with all of my lifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment