Sunday, January 23, 2011

Gripper Response for Rob

Awesome stuff and I'm sure you'll do great at the contest bud. As far as grippers go learning and keeping a consistent and optimal set is crucial. One thing that helped me a lot is when I was setting for negatives. Getting used to setting grippers beyond what you can currently close can help a lot but so will just doing the sets over time.

One thing I've changed for myself is when I'm doing block sets is to place the block on a counter or table and to grab it after the gripper is ready to be swiped with it. It ended up being just that little more taxing if I held it in any way prior to getting the gripper positioned.

I'd also recommend working your thin (6mm or so) pinch and your dynamic pinch. The thin pinch will really strengthen your thumb for keeping it forward and the dynamic will help the thumb pad grow to help keep the gripper from sliding back as well.

As far as KTA goes it may limit you as you're trying to bring up multiple aspects of your grip for the contest and it's meant to be done without any other grip work.

Have a good one and let me know how it goes bud.

Jason

1 comment:

  1. Jason, cheers mate, that's some really helpul info. I think the setting for negatives will be a real help. Will also give the 6mm pinch a go

    Thanks Rob

    ReplyDelete