Friday, May 25, 2012

A Minus 10 Bench Day

May 25, 2012
Noon

Bench Press - Ring Fingers on Rings
45 x 10
165 x 5
245 x 3, 3

Add Wraps
295 x 2
315 x 1, F - What the Pfftt!!

Slingshot
315 x 4

Holy crap that sucked! I felt really strong with the double at 295. Maybe I should've just did 3-4 sets of doubles. First time actually trying to get any additional reps with weight greater than 275 I think and that 295 was easy and smooth. Figured I'd do a little rep work with the slingshot but that felt like crap as well.

Terminated. Not doing any more work until going for a big 1RM pull on Sunday. I think I'll even put some carbs in the system on Saturday and pound some creatine over the next couple of days then back off.

Another point to note is my blood pressure is consistently a helluva lot lower since I've been eating like this since I was probably 13-14 and running every day. Today after 2-3 cups of coffee it was 102/61 and a heart rate of 66bpm (my dog was in my face).

I'm pretty excited to go for a max pull with this bit of a deload over the past 2 weeks. Hopefully it all comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment