Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Day Extra Work

January 1, 2014
Afternoon

Well it's the beginning of a new year so I wanted to do something. Yesterday was abbreviated a bit both by time and from severe pain in my arms. I wanted to at least get my front squats in that I missed yesterday. I also wanted to get in some grip. Went back to how I ramped up last year for the Arizona comp in regards to grippers. I get a lot less strain in my arms using choked grippers for the bulk of the work. I only started to do my O/C work after that my arms started to get niggled as well, either from that or the reverse curls so I just let them be.

1a) Front Squat
45 x 3 x 3r
135 x 3
225 x 1
265 x 3 x 3r

1b) Grippers
WU MMS T x 2 x 20r, IM1 x 5

Choked w/3ct O/C IM3 x 5 x 1r

2a) MMS w/5ct O/C IM2 x 1

2b) EZ Reverse Curl 75 x 2 x 10r

3) 1" Wrist Roller 25 x F2, E1
Funny how the 1" is exactly the opposite in regards to strength compared to my 2-3/8" which is probably 50% stronger going the extensor direction.

4) Seated Sledge Work. 6# front levering, Iso's plus a bunch of 6 rep sets of pronations.

No comments:

Post a Comment