Wednesday, October 10, 2012

AW Training

October 10, 2012
After Supper

Arm wrestling training was cancelled tonight so I decided to hit my chins and some more AW specific training. Man am I ever lagging in the curl department. Previously I'd only really done curls as an elbow health/prehab type exercise but now I'm actually trying to use a bit of weight. The first thing I noticed was holy crap is there ever a gap between my bicep and brachialis/brachioradialis strength. Just using the dumbbell hammer curl vs a regular supinated curl as an example with 40# I can go well over 20 reps in the hammer curl fashion and yet I've got to fight for 8 supinated.

Another area I need to adjust for next time is the amount of weight used for the supinated curl iso's. I figure 40 x 8 should be roughly a 50# max so if I go 10% above that (55#) should be a better starting spot for me to work from. I held the 70# but ended up tweaking my right arm in the process. The left definitely felt stronger for this movement. Next time I'll do more, I just stopped with the one because of the niggle.

This little workout definitely has my arms feeling worked and beat up though. Hopefully I'll have a good recovery and get some table time on Saturday.

1) Flexed Ring Hangs - BW (260#) x 3
2) Ring Chins 15 Minutes AMRAP - BW x 36
3) DB Curl - 40e x 3 x 8r
4) Curl Iso's on Bench - 70e x 1
5) Offset Wrist Bar Hammers Under/Pistol - 12.5# x 12 each way
6) DB Wrist Curls w/Manus - 40e x 50, 40





No comments:

Post a Comment