Friday, October 5, 2012

Pulls and Head Games

October 5, 2012

Today was one of those days when my mind was trying to defeat me from the beginning. Triceps, lats and my left elbow (from reverse bending) were all inflamed and feeling like crap. To start with I was thinking "just do the main pulls and call it quits, recover for later". I went in and hit my first deadlifts against bands wearing elbow sleeves and straps to try and help. Popped some ibu as well. Lo and behold after I did my second last rep I felt great! Nothing like deads, squats and fish oil to cure everything. I ran out of time during my lunch hour to get into anything else so I left the rest for after work.

Here my brain fired up again with negative crap. "Just do your pulls and call 'er good" Anyways I did my full workout, hit all of my reps and feel great. It's pretty good to reinforce this every now and then, your body's capable of doing it's job. It's usually self doubt and laziness that'll stall your progress and let you sit on the couch when you could be giving an hours work of sweat to a better life.

Noon

Deadlift against 12" IronWoody Bands ~80# at the top, no belt
135 + Bands x 5
225 + Bands x 2
315 + Bands x 1
365 + Bands x 1
405 + Bands x 1
455 + Bands x 1
465 + Bands x 1
475 + Bands x F
Talc Thighs
475 + Bands x 1 grinder

Before Supper

Deadlift, no belt
135 x 5
225 x 2
315 x 1
405 x 1
420 x 5 x 3r

Front Squats
45 x 5
135 x 3
185 x 3
Add belt
205 x 11 - I wanted 10 but lost count in the middle somewhere. All felt nice and easy though.

Band GM's - Really squeezed the glutes and low back hard at the top
2 x Average x 22, 15




No comments:

Post a Comment