Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Gripper Niggles?

October 2, 2012

Well I don't know what's the cause of it. Last week (and feeling fine) I did a gripper set of 5 with 75% which just freaking DESTROYED my arms. Today I decided to try a few reps TNS with a #1 and the pain was there in the background as well so I didn't push it.

A couple of thoughts as to why this may be happening. One is I haven't done any gripper work in probably 7-8 weeks and I'm not accustomed to the dynamic nature of grippers right now. Sure get a lot of clicking and popping with that first rep. The second thought I've had is that both of these attempts were done after last Wednesday's AW practice and maybe I've got some adhesions that are being moved about from the gripper work. I'm more inclined to think the first thought is the correct one as I've trained with bands and such a couple of times since doing AW movements without any problem.

I'm thinking also about going to choker work as I can just concentrate on the explosive closes and maybe skip the pain which is very reminiscent of when I was doing higher volume gripper work and reverse bending to much.

Anyone else have any thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment