Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Overhead Pressing, Assistance and some Gripping

October 17, 2012
Noon

Fired up a new grip program today so we'll see how she goes but I'm feeling pretty good about it. Elbows started bugging me a bit on the OH press work so I did some band hammer curls in between the last two sets. Sapped me of stability and reps so I terminated the OH work after those last two crappy sets. Triceps were also feeling it good enough after 2 sets of the Tate presses as well so I shut 'er down there as well.

Hamstring is feeling much better today but occasionally I'll go to do something (like shuffling plates around downstairs) and I'll be reminded that I'd injured myself. I'll hit a bunch of BW squats and streches over the next few days to hopefully speed recovery.

Another thing is I don't know what's going wonky with my gripper set but it's sure tweaking my inner elbows and area. I'm also finding I really need to bugger around a bit to find my optimal gripper placement in my left hand again.

1) Seated BB Shoulder Press against Mini-Bands
45 x 10, 10
95 x 2
135 x 2
155 x 1
165 x 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2 - Last two sets buggered by the band hammers

2) Tate Press
40 x 2 x 20r

Grippers - Between Sets
WU - T x 5, IM1 x 2, GHP5 x 1
Choked R GHP 7 - 152# x 5 singles
Choked L IM3 - 146# x 5 singles

Overcrush
IM 2.5 - 124.6# x 3r

Band Hammers - Done between the last two OH sets
MM x 50, 40

Arm wrestling table time tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment