Monday, October 22, 2012

Squats, Axle Pulls and the Screaming Arm

October 22, 2012
Before Supper

Well today was going to be my first day back with the heavier work after tearing my hamstring last Monday. Well the squats were feeling good, it was my arm that gave me a big "go home and cry to mama!"

My right arms been feeling a little niggled and in weird places like my Tricep and outer arm since getting a little table practice on Saturday. Today's axle pulls seemed, well no, actually did fire it right up. Holy crap it hurt. I couldn't even flop my arm over the bar for squats. Tried some band work to get some blood in the area but it didn't help a lot tonight. Took some ibu and a ice pack and laid down for about 30 minutes. I can still feel it wanting to hurt me so I'll take it easy for a bit.

Good news is that the hammy held up good. I've been hitting lots of 20 rep bodyweight squats over the past week to help with the recovery and I think it's working.

1a) Paused Squats
45 x 5
135 x 3
225 x 2
315 x 1 - Arm as killing me do I stopped.

1b) DO Sumo Pulls
123 x 5
173 x 3
213 x 1
263 x 1
283 x 1

Band Pressdowns MM x 30, 25
Band Hammers MM x 40

No comments:

Post a Comment