Friday, January 19, 2024

W1D3 Press & W1 Squat

January 19, 2024

W1D3 Press & W1 Squat. Since I'm not acclimated to a 7 day cycle on the squats and pulls I'll run a Jake Sullivan progression with front squats to warmup. I also don't want 2.5 hour sessions. Looks like spring 2022 was the last time I did front squats as well. With all of the SSB work I've been doing it doesn't seem to have hurt it at all. Pretty happy with having around a 405# front squat without directly training for it. Tried to use the power for back squats by my flexibility got me. Back to the SSB. 

Session took way too long but should go faster now that I have the exercises and working weights figured out. I want to add some back and bi's in as well. 

Strict Press 150 x 8 x 3r

Front Squat 90/110/131/151/171.5k x 2r

SSB Squat 181.5k x 3 x 3r

I actually feel this pretty good. Not accustomed to free squats at the moment but the strength is there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment