Sunday, April 29, 2012

Losing Weight in April

Well starting April 1 I begun a weight loss journey again. On the first I weighed in at 266.8#. Initially I decided that I'd just cut all crap from my diet and see what the results would be but after discussing what I was intending with some friends I decided to cut the carbs and do the Primal Blueprint eating structure. I begun this style of eating on April 5. Weight loss was pretty consistent at around 3# per week.

Initially the lack of carbs really made me feel like crap for 2-3 days. No energy. Headachy. Tired. I also felt exactly the same as when I quite smoking and Copenhagen years ago. The carbs were an addiction. That feeling goes away and I now feel great and don't miss them at all.

On April 26 I also begun a 16 hour daily fast as per Lean Gains. I still plan on having a maybe once per month cheat meal with my wife. This weekend it was her birthday. We went out and had Chinese food, cake, etc. and it wasn't detrimental to the weight loss. I found the carbs and sugars though did exhaust me after a insulin surge. I also felt a bit gross after eating that stuff.

Another thing of interest is even with the weight loss my strength levels are still climbing. No regression or plateaus yet but I'm guessing it's quite possible to start after another 10# or so but I'll fight like hell to not let it happen.

Anyways I'd like to ideally get to 220# or lower while maintaining my lean body mass.

Oh, and another thing I'd like to mention is my blood pressure is dropping significantly as is my resting heart rate and I'm not doing any additional cardio. All of the weight loss is strictly diet related.

No comments:

Post a Comment