Wednesday, August 19, 2015

New Program

Well some thoughts on some new programming to work at some higher percentages and lower reps to coincide with the need to spare muscle, diminish glycogen/ATP need, and stay fresh.

Bench. Something I thought up a while back kinda based on some of Jake Sullivan's programming that worked well for me a while back. Basically it'll be start with 7x3r with the last set pushed to an AMRAP, RPE9. Once I fail to hit the minimum reps on that set (3) I'll drop to 7x2r for the next week with the same philosophy and when that stalls out I'll go to 7x1r. This should get me to 95% plus at about 8 weeks. Deload the next week the attempt a new PR and take another run. Assistance will be upper back, triceps, deltas. For a second day I'll be working the Spoto, floor, and pin pressing.

Squats: I'll do it similar to the above but Jake's method with only 3 worksite then dropping to some AMRAP at 85% of the working weight, pause squats, etc.

Deads. On of Rex's programs I've had success with before. I think I'll work my hook grip again. Looking back in my notes that's how I achieved my last PR. Pain makes me move haha!

Week 1: Work up to a 1RM, 5x1r with 90-95% of that days max
Week 2: Work up to a 1RM, 3x5r with 80% of that days max
Week 3: No reads, just back accessories

Repeat cycle twice more trying to add singles on week 1.

On the 2nd week of the 3rd cycle cut to 3x3r with 80% and no accessories.

Attempt a max on week 10.

Some kind of back work every workout and get some light farmers walks in every week.

That's the plan anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment