Friday, September 9, 2011

Deads, Row and Crap Saxon


Deads, Row and Crap Saxon
Sept 9, 2011

1) CV Deads
225 DO x 2
315 DO x 2
365 DO x 2
405 DO x 1
455 AG x 1, 1
475 AG x 1, 1 32:00

2) DB Row - No Humping - Strapped - Full ROM
162 x 11, 11 5:40

3) Saxon Deads
170 x 3
180 x 3
190 x pfft! 6:00

Well I tried to belt up on the pulls tonight starting with the 405. I just can't get into it. Feels really weird and pulled it off for the sets of 475. I had 6 hardboiled eggs prior to this workout which was stupid. Every time I went into the hole I felt like puking and couldn't get my pressure right and it cost me a bunch of reps and weight. I'm still burping up that crap. On a lighter note I may have to see where my DO dead is right now.

Saxon was crap. I just couldn't get a good bite onto it and haven't for a little while. I may see how some grip work goes on its own tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I just started wearing a belt for my heavy sets of DL and squats. It definitely takes some getting used to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind it for squats but frankly I'm still really accustomed to not wearing it for them either.

    The deads is another story. I've tried the belt high, the belt low, a slight tilt, tighter, looser.... I'm keen to see the gains with it but it just throws my form off bigtime.

    ReplyDelete