Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Logbar, Grip and Pinch


Sept 28, 2011
Logbar, Grip and Pinch

1) Log Bar - Short Cycle
155 x 5
175 x 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4 15:10

2) Band Pulldowns - Wrap-around
Avr x 10, 10, 8, 5 1:50

3) Vulcan - Black - 65mm Block
L6 x 3/3, 3/2, 2/2 4:55

4) L Blob - EW - Double Lift
40/40 x 6/6, 3/3, 4/4, 3/3, 4/2 5:45

Log press felt really good. Was moving along at a good pace. Probably go for some higher intensity next time. I want to get some more work in with it before the snow flies.

65mm (deck of cards) width tested best for the gripper. Man that's a wide set, especially with the Vulcan and its smooth handles. I can't start it with my pinkie on the gripper and the back handle is waaay back in the hand.

Blob picks were going good until I jammed my thumb and had blood coming out from under my nail everywhere. I'll get it next time. At least I got some work in.

As I write this I think I'm going to see what I can get overhead with the log next time as long as everything's going well.

Another thing I was thinking about is I'm not to sure how effective some of these pre-workout drinks are. Basically I've got to wait 45-60 minutes to make sure I don't have to take a crap because of it (I usually do) and then I end up working out while the stuff's on a decline in my system. More thought......

No comments:

Post a Comment