Monday, November 14, 2011

Squat, Grippers and DU Attempt


November 14, 2011 - Noonish Workout
Squat, Grippers and DU Attempt

1) SSB Squat - Oly Shoes
245 x 2
335 x 2
345 x 2
355 x 2
365 x 2
375 x 1 17:00 I think I feel quite a bit better and stronger wearing my NB Minimus shoes. Interesting.

In between sets I did a few MMS closes on a 150# #3 and some choked (20mm) attempts on my 3.5 that were all really close. One or two more choker workouts I'll be closing it consistently. My left arm is still niggled so I only did a couple of reps with the 2.5.

Attempted a DU (390# x 7") after that but didn't get anywhere. I really need to warm-up for DU and that's a major difference for me from DO and reverse which I can hit PR bars cold effectively. DU I have to start at 60d's to gr5's and so on to get my groove and specific strength for it.

I'm also going to try and hit workouts at noon and after work to up my volume. It'll eat up less time I have to share with Gail when she's off work as well so that's a bonus  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment