Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A little grip and a lotta 2HP


Nov 1, 2011
A little grip and a lotta 2HP

1) TSG w/ 3/4" Block Set
IM 2.5 x 4, 7, 5, 2 Right hand only. Left elbow is feeling gimpy.

2) Saxon Bar Deads
155 x 6, 5, 6, 5, 5, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 5

3) DU Bending - 1" Singles
60d x 1 Murdered - 90'
gr5 x 6" - Wobble and a whole bunch of iso's

I probably could've done substantially more reps per set with the Saxon bar if I didn't do the wrist curls the day before. About halfway through my fingertip texture was wore off and wouldn't take chalk as it usually happens during pinch workouts. I tried something new tonight by immediately chalking my hands when finished a set and holding my hands in a fist until the next set. I think that this really helped in a couple of ways; it keeps my hands nice and warm plus it allows for the hands to perspire just a bit allowing the chalk to adhere better, especially on the fingertips. I'd rub my hands and slap off any excess immediately before my next set.

I had a 59% improvement from the last time I touched the Saxon bar and it's been better than 2 weeks since I used the Euro but only pulled a couple of crappy reps on it at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment