Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Press and Row

March 20, 2012

1) Bench Press - Pinkie's and inch in from the rings
155 x 5
260 x 6, 6, 6, 6, 5

2a) Rows - Coan
255 x 8, 8, 8

2b) EZ Skullcrushers - Behind Head
115 x 8, 7, 6

3) EZ Curls
115 x 8, 8

Well today's the first day of getting back into it. Bench felt good. After talking with Aaron I think I'll stick with 260 on these medium days  and work up to the 8 rep range and stay there for a bit. Today was the first day of trying the Coan style rows. Man they hit my back hard for some reason. I think they'll have great carry over to my lock out on pulls.

Tonight was the first time I've tried BB curls in ages and it was a real eye opener. My supination is getting so sh!tty that I'm getting very strained in the wrist even with a EZ curl bar in the bottom position. I need to fix this. In between sets I grabbed the top of my cage in a chin position and really worked on stretching for the supination. I'll keep working this until it straightens around.

I'm also going to lay off of grip for maybe another day or two. Saturday was one helluva workout. Once I start back up I'm going to work on some focused programs for my grip to help shore up the weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment