Thursday, January 19, 2012

Back Squats, Saxon Bar and Some More Pinching

January 19, 2012
Before Supper

1a) Back Squats - Oly Bar - Heavy
45 x 5, 5
135 x 5
215 x 5 was supposed to be 225 but didn't read right
335 x 3, 3
405 x 1
415 x 1
425 x 1, 1, 1
270 x 5 my hand got caught up in my safety chain at the bottom and buggered me up so I stopped there. Feeling very easy though.

1b) Saxon Bar - Sumo Pulls - Med
155 x 5
175 x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

Hubbing a 45 x 3/2, 5/5

My TTK w/10# x 5/5, 5/5

Squats are feeling really good and continue to go up. I was really hoping my knee wraps came in today to try but apparently it's not the 20th today lol.

My IT bands were a bit tight so I hit the foam roller for a bit before kicking off tonight's workout. Didn't do fak all. The tightness left for the 2nd set at 335 so I think that's the only cure. Funny I don't recall them bothering me with SSB squats.

I also had a bunch of pain in the left elbow getting into position. Did some different pull aparts and they seemed to help a little.

Took it easy with the Saxon bar and had reps left in me. During the hubbing and TTK I was getting cramps in the middle of my hands. I listened. That's enough pinch for today.

My extensors are also plagued by DOMS today from the axle cleans yesterday. Neat!

2 comments:

  1. 425 oly squat is awesome weight man!

    In reference to the saxon bar, how do you like it?? Such an interesting implement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's awesome Matt. One of the biggest advantages to it is that you can do so many standard barbell and weightlifting movements with it while still doing a pinch workout. Aaron really takes advantage of this.

      Delete